Bundle: 25% discountMiddle East jewellery courses
Learn to read jewellery
Achieve insight today
Having a hard time choosing between all the available courses on jewellery from North Africa and Southwest Asia on this website? Then this bundle is the perfect thing for you: get instant access to all four courses and start deepening your understanding of traditional jewellery from the Middle East and North Africa – at an amazing value and with all the extras of the individual courses!
What do I get in this bundle?
This course bundle contains 4 jewellery full courses with their extras. You will get eye-opening insights on many untold, or even forgotten, histories of:
Ancient Jewellery: 5,000 years of jewellery history, design and meaning in North Africa and the Middle East;
Dowry & Status: insight into the little-known world of marriage and dowries, keeping up appearances and women as CFO’s of their household;
Amulets and Magic in jewellery: symbolism and meaning of colours, shapes and gemstones, as well as spells, numerology and astrology in jewellery;
Scents of the Middle East: the thought-provoking meaning of perfume, frankincense, oudh, myrrh and much more in spirituality, hospitality and personal adornment.
Accessible and affordable
Let’s talk about this offer
….because is it any good, at this low price point? I get your hesitation! People spend considerably more on a single bracelet in the blink of an eye. Let me tell you why my complete course on jewellery from the Middle East and North Africa, with 32 e-books, costs less.
In all honesty: if I were to fully factor in the time and research it takes to prepare these courses, they would be much more expensive. But while I acknowledge that my time and efforts are valuable, I also believe that knowledge and learning should be accessible.
So that’s why this bundle is such a steal. By enrolling in a course, you’re helping me contribute to the field of jewellery research, and in sharing those contributions at an affordable point. As the saying goes: ‘Price is what you pay, value is what you get’. It’s a bargain for sure, but aligned with my personal values of accessible education.
Your course is a wonderful complete package — your lovely speaking voice, the content and how topics tie together, the amazing slide deck, and on and on. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. You really have a wonderful delivery style and I think your speaking voice and pace appeals to a broad range of English speakers and English abilities.
All courses are researched, prepared and taught by Sigrid van Roode. I have been presenting classes, courses, workshops and jewellery talks for the better part of two decades now, and am the author of two books on jewellery from North Africa and the Middle East. My goal is to present academic level research in an accessible, fun and easy to follow style. I believe jewellery is not just adornment, but an important historic source that tells us so much about the lives of women – and I’ll be showing you in how many ways that works!
Lots of value for a great price
Extra’s with the Middle Eastern jewellery course bundle
With this prerecorded lecture series, you will receive 32 full-colour e-books. These contain not only the course material, but also present you with book recommendations, online reading material and additional images. The e-books are yours to download and keep: your own jewellery library!
You will have access to our private online community on Facebook. Here, you will be able to get any questions answered and enjoy the world of jewellery with other course participants from around the globe – with as many angles, comparisons and personal stories to share!
This bundle is definitely for you when:
- you are interested in jewellery and dress from North Africa and Southwest Asia, and in the many traditions and cultures of the region;
- you work with dress and adornment from the region as curator, designer, dancer, instructor or collector;
- you inherited jewellery and would like to learn more about its background;
- you have lived or are living in the region as an expat and would like to understand more about its history and culture;
- you are curious to look beyond your own culture or country;
- you care about jewellery and cherish jewellery items as the heritage pieces they are.
The complete Middle Eastern jewellery deep dive!
- This will get you:
- > immediate access to 4 full courses with a total value of 120,=;
- > in-depth understanding of the history, symbolism, designs and social meaning of jewellery from North Africa and Southwest Asia;
- > membership of our private Facebook-group;
- > one year of unlimited personal access to 32 prerecorded videos, totaling over 8 hours of beautiful visuals, including adornment from museums all over the world
- > 32 downloadable e-books that are yours to keep, with suggestions for further reading
- > and above all: a world of discovery!