Scents of the Middle East
- Access to 8 pre-recorded talks on fragrance and personal adornment (1 year)
- 8 downloadable e-books
- Access to private Facebook-community
- This is a digital product. Please note that payment is non-refundable and access is for your personal use only. Thank you!
- This is part of the e-course bundle Looking Beyond Jewellery. If you are enrolled in this course, you have access to this class already!
- Please note bank transfers are only possible within Europe: PayPal works in most countries worldwide
Personal adornment is closely related to the senses. In this class, we will explore the invisible world of fragrance: when you have visited North Africa or Southwest Asia, you will undoubtedly remember how the many scents made your nose tingle! Jewellery is specifically created to hold perfume, or is made of aromatic substances itself. Dress and body aesthetic also employ scent. This is not simply a form of beautification, but carried deep meaning. Fragrance kept evil at a distance, attracted blessings and was of great importance for the intimacies of married life. Enjoy this sensory journey into the smell of frankincense, spices and flowers, and discover the social and spiritual values of fragrance in everyday life.
'I have just now finished the Fragrance-class and had no idea how important perfume and incense really are: thank you!'